The Brian Terry Foundation Mission Statement:
The Brian Terry Foundation was established to honor the memory of slain United States Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and to create a living legacy in his name. The foundation will honor Brian’s work ethic, love of country, and love for his fellow Border Patrol Agents by providing the following:
- Provide immediate and ongoing emotional support and financial assistance to U.S. Border Patrol Agents and their families of those who have been injured or killed in the line of duty.
- Establish educational scholarships for college-bound kids who possess the characteristics that best exemplify the type of person Brian Terry was and for those seeking a degree in criminal justice.
- Raise public awareness with regard to the flawed ATF/DOJ gun-walking investigation known as “Operation Fast and Furious” by seeking the truth and to hold all those involved accountable by promoting a message of justice, responsibility and accountability within the federal government.
- Raise public awareness regarding issues facing Border Patrol Agents and their families and other issues relevant to law enforcement and border security initiatives.
- Raise funds for the commission, construction, installation and maintenance of public monuments honoring fallen U.S. Border Patrol agents.
- Host public events that honor Brian Terry’s legacy and keep his memory alive.
- Recognize the top performing graduate of each U.S. Border Patrol BORTAC agent training class with the Brian A. Terry Award.
- Annually recognize individual U.S. Border Patrol Agents around the country for their exceptional performance and acts